Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Kucios with the Lithuanian community in the Bay area

Thanks to my Lithuanian co-worker I got to know about the Lithuanian community in the Bay area and the traditional Christmas Eve dinner they were organizing. No surprise - I didn't loose this opportunity to meet some Lithuanians and taste some traditional Lithuanian food! :) Silkute... Balta misraine... Zagareliai... Kuciukai... Aguonu pienas.... mmm... I almost felt like home... :) I was actually expecting to meet some Lithuanians of the age similar to mine, build a small network of friends; however, I found only elder people and children attending... :) No wonder, youngsters have better things to do than just watching a performance prepared by sweet five year olds or chating with a charming couple in their 70-ties... :)
Anyways, I'm glad I went. I hope to make it to the celebration of the independence day as well!

1 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Egluta said...

Mmm.. Silkute, aguonu pienas.. My "Kucios ala HK" were with balta misraine without green pees and marinated cucambers :D And stuffed eggs with curry mushrooms - tasting very not lithuanian.. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home